If you are looking to succeed on social media, then looking to increase your engagement should always be a part of your strategy.
But that is sometimes not as easy to do as some would think or make you believe. It takes focus, hard work and some knowledge of how to get there.
A high engagement means that your content is doing well, your audience is pleased with what they are seeing, and you could be looking forward to a boost in sales or app sign-ups.
So here are ten ways to increase your engagement - so pay ATTENTION!
1. First of all, I always try to post high quality content. Make sure your content is interesting, provides value and is sharable. It has to be something that people want to look at and share with their friends, etc. Don't bore them to tears!
2. Tailor your content to suit your business. Each platform is unique, so make sure you are posting the right stuff. And remember to make it enjoyable.
3 I know not everyone wants to be in front of the camera but get out there. Show the people the real you and get yourself in front of the camera. Going live builds a great connection with your viewers, and your videos are never as bad as you think - so go live - it will help your engagement.
4. Be a part of your community. Get out there and let the people see you. Social Media is called Social Media because you have to be SOCIAL. Don't be shy, and if you are, you are in the wrong place.
5. Join in the conversation. Don't sit on the sidelines, interact with what is going on and see your engagement grow. People love to hear views and opinions, so join in. Make your voice heard.
6. Always ask for feedback. This can be the good, the bad and the ugly, but it's better to ask and know the truth than sit in the dark. You can only improve as a person or business if you take feedback on board and respond positively to that feedback.
7. Create a strategy. Don't stumble about in the dark. Have a plan and try and stick to it. But have a Plan A, Plan B and Plan C because as in life, things change. Create your posts in advance and then play around with them. And always test different content ideas.
8. Define your brand and make sure you proofread your copy as no one likes mistakes in the copy. It just looks so unprofessional. So check, check and check again.
9. Use visuals that are interesting and ones that people want to look at. Never post without a picture or a video. Because if you can't be bothered to find or take an image or video, your written content will hardly be world-beating.
10. And finally use competitions and free giveaways. People love FREE things. It's just the way of the world.
If you are looking for advice about your businesses social media output get in touch on 07562424193. We have solutions to suit every budget - large and small.